How Much Does it Cost to Build a House?
The cost to build a house is at around $85 – 125 per square foot.
This is just for the construction alone. This isn’t that great of an estimate though, because the price ultimately comes down to how much you want to spend on a house. You could build a shack if you wanted to for about $30. Or you could spend millions on your house. It really depends on how big your house is, the material it is made out of, and what amenities you decide to get. There are also many other factors that influence the cost.
Within this article, we will take a look at how much it will run you on average, as well as what factors really influence the price. This should help you get a better understanding for how much it will end up costing you.
1) Size of the House – If you plan on building a huge house, then you are going to be paying a lot more for it.
2) Constructing it – Will you be building it? Or will a contractor? It’s obviously a lot cheaper if you’re building it yourself, but you’d have to be pretty handy and have quite a bit of time to do that.
3) Material – Will your house be made of low quality or high quality lumber? Or something even of higher quality than wood? What materials you use, have a great influence in the cost.
4) Techniques – What techniques will be used for building the house?
5) Amenities – Are you going to have jacuzzis? A Basketball court? 4 Bathrooms? You catch the gist. The more things you add onto your house, the more you can expect to pay.
6) Interior – What about the counters, plumbing, washer, dryer, A/C, heating, windows, etc…There’s so many things on the list that will influence the cost. Furthermore, the quality of these items. If you get the best ceiling fans in the world in every room, then you can expect to pay quite a bit than if you were to get a low quality ceiling fan in one room, then it’s going to be cheaper.
7) Location – Where you live plays a huge role in what you’ll end up paying. You see, prices fluctuate in every single area due to labor and material costs.
If you haven’t caught on already, the price for what you’ll pay is really up in the air – it’s pretty much as far as you want to take it. Each job is unique, so it’s very difficult to give an exact price without talking with someone. So the best way to find out what you’ll pay is by contacting local contractors. Even if you don’t plan on using a contractor, you still should contact one to get a better idea about what it would approximately cost your job.
Still want to learn more? Check out this YouTube. It does a pretty good job explaining the cost to build a house.